I suggest you ...

Wildcard/Group Support in Contact Condition

Makes it easier to select all contacts. Coupled with the other idea for NOT on conditions, this makes it possible to select for when someone NOT in your address book is calling.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminCarter (Admin, two forty four a.m.) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminCarter (Admin, two forty four a.m.) responded  · 

Overall, Android has very limited support for Contact groups. As newer versions of Android and hundreds of different device models have been released over the past two years, Contact groups have stopped working reliably on many different Android devices. No amount of development on our part will fix the problem—it is fundamentally broken in Android.

Locale 2.0 supports selecting multiple individual contacts, instead of selecting contact groups. To select multiple contacts, simply long press on the Add Condition button in the Edit Situation screen. This will allow adding multiple conditions of the same type (i.e. multiple contact conditions), which are implicitly treated as OR.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Carsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 votes for this idea. I've been looking for an option enabling bluetooth for headset connection on incoming calls.

• cogneato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly the feature I am looking for. Trying to set a ringtone (or other situation) for all numbers which are in contacts. (But I can't choose all contacts, or any of the existing groups of contacts, just individual ones) There wouldn't even be the need to create a NOT condition because the result would be that those calls from people NOT in contacts would have a different ring, which is what I am trying to get: a unique ring for "first time" callers, and another ring for callers in my list (unless they already have a unique ring assigned, which should override all)

• J. McCarty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm really only luke warm on NOT conditions, because I can see them as useful, but I'm full throttle behind contact groups availabilty in the contact condition. This has been since day one, and will continue to be my only real complaint concerning the Locale app. The app already has access to the contact list. It can't be a big stretch to get hold of the contact groups. Putting all the votes I have towards this issue, because it needs fixing. Not solving, fixing. It's broken functionality.

• J. McCarty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Incidentally, I'm sure that Carter will recognize this as my constant clamor since about day zero. I think this might be the 3rd or 4th time I've brought the issue up.

Feedback and Knowledge Base