I suggest you ...

NOT orientations, round 2

Carter, perhaps I didn't explain myself accurately enough in my first suggestion on this topic.

Again, I'd like a "not face up" and "not face down" option in the orientation situation.

You are correct that for many situations I could just toggle the setting in the Default situation. The situation which I'm referring to can not be toggled by the Default situation.

I'm using the Shortcut setting plugin to launch an application at a particular time of day (6:30 - 6:31). I can't have the Default application NOT launch the program or even kill the program as it makes no sense.

So in summary the Situation I'm trying to create would have two Conditions: Orientation - not face down and Time - 6:30 - 6:31 SMTWTFS and the Setting is: Shortcut - Pandora.

Does it make better sense now?

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JTome shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminCarter (Admin, two forty four a.m.) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@anonymous: Support for different angles isn't going to work as well as expected. The accelerometers in Android devices aren't terribly accurate and we've seen variance of 20% or more across the 15 devices we have in our lab. And the variance is non-linear: it gets more accurate when the device is flat and less accurate when the device is at an angle. Over the last year, we've found that it works best detecting 3 states: face up, face down, or neither.

• wimZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the need ofr this. My phone (DesireHD) has to be absolutely Horizontal for the situation to apply. A possible alternative to NOT, might be to add a "angle" entry in the situation, where you can specify the angle from Face Up and within that it would still count as Face Up.

• wimZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the need ofr this. My phone (DesireHD) has to be absolutely Horizontal for the situation to apply. A possible alternative to NOT, might be to add a "angle" entry in the situation, where you can specify the angle from Face Up and within that it would still count as Face Up.

Feedback and Knowledge Base