I suggest you ...

add the ability to edit locations from a web browser

When editing a bunch of locations it gets really tough to work on the phone's screen it's self, especially if your planning locations you will be at that are miles away. I would really love the ability to be able to edit my locations from an online portal or some other form of web-based application.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    bblboy54 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminCarter (Admin, two forty four a.m.) responded  · 

While an interesting idea that might save some time during data entry, this isn’t feasible. For consistency’s sake, it doesn’t make sense to only allow locations to be created this way. A web-based user interface would need to be created for every condition and setting type. With plug-in conditions and settings that would be very difficult to manage. Locale is a mobile app, and I think we should keep it that way :).

I believe the underlying issue here is that the Locale interface isn’t as efficient as you would like it to be? So if anyone has other ideas to improve the efficiency of the interface on the phone, please let us know.

From within Locale, you can also search for locations by name/address, which is likely what one would do from within a web browser anyway. So how much more efficient would a web-based interface really be?

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...