I suggest you ...

Get/sync with "Tripit" flight details

If locale can get the flight details from Tripit then switch off or set to plane mode when we are supposed to be flying.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RobertoRoberto shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  CarterAdminCarter (Admin, two forty four a.m.) responded  · 

As a frequent flier who is usually carrying 10 to 15 different Android devices in my bag, it would be very useful to have them all enable and disable airplane mode automatically when actually. But the reality is that there’s no good way to provide this functionality.

Once airplane mode is enabled, Locale would have no Internet connectivity and therefore no way to detect changes to the flight schedule.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • skylarsuttonskylarsutton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a) If the device is in "Airplane Mode" it won't have a data connection... therefore it can't check Tripit to figure out if your flight has ended on time... therefore it can never remove you from airplane mode.

b) Flight numbers get reused all the time... even within a specific day. So you'd have to specify the date, the time, and flight number to go silent. For what it's worth, you may as well just create a calendar event and base your situation off the calender event. Or create a specific date/time event and base it off that instead.

c) I think you're trying to use Locale to script a very specific task, rather than define a repeatable scenario.

Feedback and Knowledge Base