I suggest you ...

Integrate with Scenes in HTC Sense

The HTC Hero (and probably all subsequent HTC Android devices) allows the user to configure different desktops (scenes), with different widgets, shortcuts, backgrounds etc.

For example, a user can have 'Work', 'Home' and 'Out' scenes, and then switch between them for different activities, providing useful access for the given activity.

If locale could detect/control these scenes, it would enable both automatic switching of scenes based on rules, and different notification/network/etc profiles for each scene selected.

249 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DonVincenzoDonVincenzo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John RichardsonJohn Richardson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HTC really do need to open up the HTC Sense API - having scenes controlled by Locale would make Scenes 100% more useful!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If HTC Sense cannot be interacted with this, is there something similar (and open to interaction) from LauncherPro or any other like this?

• simon.shortsimon.short commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I 110% support tis as being a killer app for both Locale and HTC.

I'm going to twitter them now!

• VegarVegar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would justify both locale and htc sense! whoa! get cracking, beloved codemonkeys!

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really good idea. Couldn't someone perhaps make a plug-in?

• GestaltGestalt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a very helpful feature, and would certainly make scenes useful.

• jonathanbreedlovejonathanbreedlove commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds only sensible (if you'll forgive the unintentional pun), honestly I thought that a plugin already existed for it and I just couldn't find it...

• MarthurMarthur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sales guy said this was already part of the Hero itself....HA. If you can get this to work I'd be allllllll FOR IT! Great Idea.

• thetreethetree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Count me among those requesting this feature. HTC's Sense UI is great, and I'd love to see Locale take advantage of Sense's customization abilities.

• ximoximo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually downloaded Locale because i thought this feature existed. Hope it will be added soon!

• Duke of PhoneDuke of Phone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolutely, would make a big difference to have all the home screens change to your work functions upon arriving to work!

Feedback and Knowledge Base