I suggest you ...

Sell Locale outside the Android Market

It would be nice if the very cool program Locale would be published on SlideME.org and AndAppStore.com, too. So it is not only available through Android Market.
The idea to this came after reading about the cyanogenmod:
http://www.cyanogenmod.com/home/the-current-state

I hope you are able and willing to publish the fine program Locale on these two Content Marketplaces as well.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminCarter (Admin, two forty four a.m.) responded  · 

Locale is exclusively available through the Android Market, and can be found here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.twofortyfouram.locale

We did sell Locale via our own website between mid-2010 and early-2011, in order to support users without access to the Android Market. Since then, the Android Market has become available in many more countries so it is no longer necessary for us to sell Locale directly through our website.

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • hyphang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dissapointed !! so many locale's plug-in in the android market, but useless to us.....

• Gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to rayerape, there is on Paid Apps in the Canadian Android store yet, and I would love to have the full released version... paying isn't a problem, but being stuck with the beta version is!

Not having the plugins isn't the best, but we can take it one step at a time.

Thanks

• nicola di maria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plus all plugins (free and paid) should be online somewhere, because some of them aren't available in all markets

• raynerape commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been month now, and we still cannot buy this application from any alternative source at even higher price. Locale 1.0.5 is already been distributed in cracked form and it takes an absolute display of loyalty and desire to support a great application to abstain from just using it for free, when the author is actively denying half the world to pay him.

• willem.schildkamp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Carter: There are many good, free plugins for Locale, and i suppose these will work just as good with a slideme-available full version of Locale. However, the reason i at least want to buy it is that locale is by far the best program for android, and i want the latest, best supported version of it.

• jandeluyck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same story in Belgium. I'd love to be able to get Locale, but no paid apps in our Market either...

Very bad. I would gladly pay 50% over the Android Market price to get them off another site and thus contribute larger percentage to charity. Money is not an issue for me, for some others it will and they will bitch about it but not for me. Some of the plugins are so useful that having Locale without the plugins is like having Android without paid Market... which is exactly what we have here in Bulgaria, and this is a major blow.

Locale is the reason why I plan to buy and use Android phones, but the inability to buy Locale in my country (Bulgaria, EU country) just because Google hasn't sorted how it wants to do business here and no carriers support carrier billing yet is no reason why I should be denied access to Locale. Please list the app on alternative shops. I would even pay more (12-15$) and be able to use Locale rather than be denied the ability to buy it, at all.

Feedback and Knowledge Base