I suggest you ...

Add ability to create conditions within conditions

For example, I might want only to turn on wifi when plugged in at home. I don't want to create two different conditions "At Home" and "at Home and Plugged in." I should have an "At home condition" with a sub rule "Plugged in"

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Josh ByardJosh Byard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  CarterAdminCarter (Admin, two forty four a.m.) responded  · 

The underlying goal is to have multiple “At Home” situations with additional conditions. Even though you don’t want to do it, the right way to accomplish this is through the creation of multiple situations.

As requested, this feature will not be implemented because it will add significant complexity to the UI.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • lordgoatalordgoata commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its a real shame this has been declined - far from making the UI more complex, it will make the whole system cleaner, less cluttered and way more flexible - having a dozen master situations, which can trigger specific sub situations just seems such a logical step:

1. WoL - I only want that to trigger when I am at home, so it could be a sub situation of my home situation.

2. Bluetooth - I only want that to enable on a particular day when I am travelling, so it could be a sub situation of my travel situation, with the additional condition of being a specific day.

Thats two I can think off straight away. Additionally, this could help with the custom notification suggestion - namely how to handle it when there are many situations triggered. In this case, the master situation would have the custom icon - eg. i want to know i am in the travel situation, i dont really care if the bluetooth is on or off, so the master situation is the one that displays the icon.

I know (as I do it), that a lot of this can be achieved with the variables plugin, but that doesn't stop the main display of Locale becoming a cluttered mess, not to mention the notification list getting incredibly cluttered as well (listing all the situations that are active).

Please reconsider this as an option Carter - I'd even consider buying Locale again to get this functionality added!

Feedback and Knowledge Base