I suggest you ...

Variable information manipulation

It would be great to be able to add a feature to accept info in the condition, and be able to pass it to the settings.

For example, if someone has "Joe Smith's Birthday" in his calendar, and Locale reads that day in the calendar, it would be cool to be able to send out an SMS to Joe Smith for his Birthday.

Another example, if you receive a text from someone (say Joe Smith), you want to post a twitter response regarding "Joe Smith".

These are simple examples, but the usefulness just quadruples with this capability

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fyrhtu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to set and read variables- there was an addon that did this previously, but it's currently abandonware. I was able to make great use of this, but the addon is no longer functioning on Gingerbread.

• skylarsutton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Meh.

I agree with janiskfp. This app is really about automating the "state" you want your phone to be in based on a time/location/etc.

What you're asking for is some sort of program that can activate scripts to run complex tasks... like a scheduler.

• janiskfp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This sounds really cool, but if I were in charge of this project, I'd say it's out of scope. But that's just me, and I can be a, well, you know.

Feedback and Knowledge Base