I suggest you ...

Silent profile upon activation of the alarm clock

Every evening I manually turn on my alarm clock and put my phone in a silent mode. In the morning I wake up with the alarm clock and switch of the silent profile. I would be great if locale would be able to use the activation of the alarm clock as a condition so that an action like silencing the phone could be automated!

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RutgerRutger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  CarterAdminCarter (Admin, two forty four a.m.) responded  · 

Unfortunately, apps like Locale cannot use the Alarm Clock as a condition. There are two problems: 1. The Alarm Clock doesn’t provide any sort of API access to apps like Locale. 2. The Alarm Clock isn’t guaranteed to be present on all Android handsets, especially for heavily customized phones with HTC Sense or Motoblur.

The only sensible way this could possibly be implemented would be for someone to create their own standalone alarm clock application on the Android Market, which also contained a plug-in condition for Locale. That way anyone could install the alarm clock app and it would have the necessary programatic access for Locale.

Since we aren’t an alarm clock company, this isn’t something two forty four a.m. will be creating. But that doesn’t mean a third party developer won’t!

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...